- For the Zebra cake Preheat the oven to 160 degrees circulating air.
- Now carefully separate the eggs and beat the egg whites with a salt until stiff.
- Mix the egg yolks with sugar and vanilla sugar and beat with the mixer until frothy. Then add 125 ml of lukewarm water and oil and continue mixing.
- Now sift the flour and baking powder into a mixture and leave the mixer on so that no lumps form. At the end, carefully fold in the egg whites with a wooden spoon.
- Now divide the finished cake batter into two different bowls. Mix the cocoa with the milk until smooth and fold under one of the dough halves.
- Finally, grease a loaf pan and pour a quarter of the light dough into the pan. Layer a quarter of the dark dough on top and so on until both doughs are used up. Now put the cake tin in the middle of the oven and bake for 60 minutes.
Tips to the recipe
Either serve the cake like this or embellish it with powdered sugar or couverture.