- First pour rum over the raisins and let it steep for half an hour. Grate the dark chocolate using a kitchen grater.
- Mix the butter, honey and eggs well until frothy. Mix the flour with the baking powder and gradually stir in.
- Finally, stir in the gingerbread spice, cocoa powder, salt, drained raisins, pieces of orange peel and lemon peel, almonds, hazelnuts and the grated chocolate. Now let the dough swell for about 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, preheat the oven to 200 degrees top and bottom heat and grease a baking sheet with a little butter.
- Then spread the gingerbread mixture on the prepared baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes.
Tips to the recipe
The cooled down Whole grain gingerbread cookies Cut into rectangles and serve dusted with powdered sugar.