- For the dough, sieve the flour into a bowl, make a well in the middle, crumble the yeast into it and pour 2 tablespoons of lukewarm water over it. Then knead the dough well and let it rise for 20 minutes in a warm place.
- In the meantime, melt the butter and mix it with the rest of the water. Add the salt, mix into the yeast mixture and let rise again for 30 minutes.
- Then preheat the oven to 180 ° C (convection) and grease a springform pan.
- Now peel the onions and cut into fine half rings. Heat the butter in a pan and fry the onions in it.
- Mix the cream, cheese and eggs and season with salt and pepper. Then stir in the onions.
- Finally distribute the dough evenly in the springform pan, pulling up one edge. Then spread the onion-cheese-egg mixture on top and the vegetarian onion pie Bake in the hot oven for about 50 minutes.
Tips to the recipe
Serve sprinkled with chives.