- To prepare, first preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius (convection) and generously spread a sponge cake tin with margarine.
- Let the margarine warm up to room temperature and in the meantime mix the flour, salt, cocoa powder and baking soda together in a large bowl.
- Then add margarine, maple syrup, vinegar and oat drink to the dry ingredients and stir everything into a smooth mass.
- Then pour the liquid dough into the greased, prepared sponge cake form and bake in the preheated oven for about 35-40 minutes.
- Then the vegan cocoa sponge cake remove, remove from the mold and let cool down.
Tips to the recipe
Decorate the cake with a chocolate icing. Different variations with chocolate chips, walnuts or cherries are also extremely delicious.