- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees and grease a springform pan with a little butter.
- To start, mix the sugar with the vanilla sugar in a mixing bowl. Then add the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder and mix with a fork.
- Then measure the oil in a measuring cup and fill up with the water. Now add the apple sauce and stir everything well. Now add the mixture to the dry ingredients and mix everything with the hand mixer to a smooth mass.
- Then chop the chocolate, fold into the batter and pour the batter into the prepared form.
- Peel, core and quarter the pears. Carefully distribute the pear pieces on the dough and press in gently.
- Now bake the cake in the oven for about 40 minutes. After cooling, remove from the mold and sprinkle with powdered sugar.