- For the vanilla cake At the beginning the eggs are separated and the egg whites are beaten until stiff. Stir in a pinch of salt and refrigerate. Then mix the starch with the baking powder and the crushed chocolate in a new bowl and set aside.
- Now put 50 grams of the white chocolate in a saucepan with the butter and melt on the lowest setting. Stir the whole thing constantly so that the mass doesn’t stick. Alternatively, both ingredients can be mixed together in the microwave. However, stop every 30 seconds and stir the mixture. Then cool.
- Now the sugar is mixed with the pulp of a vanilla pod and the vanilla sugar is mixed with the egg yolks and whipped until creamy. When the mixture is white and creamy, add the butter and chocolate mixture and continue beating for a minute or two. Now just stir in the flour mixture until a creamy mixture results. It is best to use a spatula for this.
- Finally, fold in the stiffly beaten egg white and gradually mix it with the cream.
- The mass is now given in a well-greased form. Bake at 180 ° C top / bottom heat or at 165 ° C fan oven for about 45 minutes. Make a chopstick sample after 40 minutes at the latest. The finished cake now only needs to cool for about 20 minutes and can then be turned over. Then it is ready to be served.
Tips to the recipe
vanilla cake is a sponge cake made from vanilla, white chocolate and cream, among other things. It is easy to prepare and has a long shelf life.