- Wash for the caramelized apples, remove the core and cut the apples into narrow wedges. Caramelize the sugar in a hot pan, then add the water and simmer the caramel. Braise the apple wedges in the caramel and then leave to cool.
- Grease a baking dish with a little butter and line it with the rusk. Preheat the oven to 175 degrees circulating air.
- Cut the vanilla pod lengthways and carefully scrape out the pulp with the back of the knife. Then bring the pod and the pulp with the milk and sugar to the boil. Slowly stir in the semolina, remove the pan from the stove, remove the vanilla pod and let the mixture steep for a moment.
- Separate the eggs and beat the egg whites until stiff. Whisk the egg yolks with a fork and stir into the milk semolina mass. Fold in the egg whites and pour the mixture into the baking dish.
- Finally, spread the steamed apple wedges over the top and bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes.