- First line a leak-proof baking pan (approx. 20×20 cm) or a loaf pan with baking paper and preheat the oven to 150 degrees (top and bottom heat).
- Now melt the butter and set aside. Heat the milk in a saucepan.
- Separate the eggs and whip the egg white with the salt to a stiff egg white.
- Mix the egg yolks with the powdered sugar in a separate bowl until very creamy, add the melted butter, stir slowly and then mix well.
- Then carefully fold in the flour and slowly stir in the warm milk.
- Now carefully mix the egg whites gradually into the dough, pour the liquid mixture into the prepared form, let it rest for 5 minutes and then bake in the preheated oven in the lower third for about 50-55 minutes.
- Then the Magic cake Take out of the oven, allow to cool on a wire rack and then place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.
- Then remove the cake from the mold, cut into pieces and enjoy at room temperature.
Tips to the recipe
The gentle temperature allows the cake to cook very slowly. The heavy ingredients sink to the bottom, while the egg whites and flour stay on top and create a fluffy layer of biscuit.
If the cake turns too brown while baking, cover it with aluminum foil for the rest of the baking time.