- First preheat the oven to 180 degrees top and bottom heat and line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Separate the eggs and mix the yolks with the soft butter, sugar and vanilla sugar until frothy.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until they are stiff.
- Sieve the flour with baking powder and stir into the mixture alternately with the egg whites and the cream.
- Now place the dough on the prepared baking sheet, smooth it out and spread the drained sour cherries on it.
- The Sour cherry cake Bake in the preheated oven for about 45 minutes.
Tips to the recipe
If fresh sour cherries are used, wash them beforehand and remove the seeds if necessary.