- First, mix the sugar, butter, sugar beet syrup, water and the spices listed in the ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Then mix half of the flour with the baking powder in a second bowl and slowly add to the mixture in the first bowl. Slowly stir in the rest of the flour.
- Now knead the dough well until it is supple. Cover and let the dough stand in a cool place for 12 hours. It is best to use the night for this.
- The next day, roll out the dough thinly in small portions on a baking sheet. Cut out the dough with any shapes and bake the blanks in a preheated oven at 200 ° C for 5 minutes.
- After the baking time, let the gingerbread cool down. In a small bowl, mix the egg with the vinegar and powdered sugar and finally the Christmas gingerbread Brush with the icing and let it set.