- For the Seltzer cake with cherries first preheat the oven to 180 degrees (convection) and line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Drain the cherries in a colander. Wash the orange well, pat dry with kitchen paper and rub the peel with a grater.
- Now beat the sugar and the beaten eggs in a mixing bowl until very frothy.
- Then add the oil, the orange peel and the mineral water and stir in. Then mix the flour with the baking powder and carefully fold into the dough.
- Now place the dough on the prepared baking sheet, smooth it out, distribute the cherries on top and bake in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes.
Tips to the recipe
Fanta or Cola can also be used instead of mineral water. Just try out what tastes best!
Fresh cherries can also be used for the seltzer cake. To do this, wash and core them beforehand.