- Preheat the oven to 190 ° C (top-bottom heat). A baking pan for example a wreath baking pan with a diameter of 26 cm, grease with butter and sprinkle with flour.
- For the cake batter, beat the eggs in a mixing bowl and stir together with the sugar and vanilla sugar until frothy.
- Sift the flour mixed with baking powder over it and stir well.
- Then stir in the oil well, then add the seltzer (= mineral water) and stir again a little.
- Now peel the apples, remove the core and dice the apples. Put the apple pieces under the batter with a wooden spoon and pour the batter into the prepared baking pan.
- The Seltzer cake with apples Bake on the middle rack in the preheated oven for about 55 minutes. Then remove it, let it cool on a wire rack and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Tips to the recipe
Sprinkle the finished baked and cooled seltzer cake with powdered sugar.