Chocolate Halloween Coffin – Recipe
ingredients For 12 Servings
|250||G||butter or margarine|
Ingredients for decorating
- First preheat the oven to 180 degrees (top and bottom heat) and line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Now put the eggs with the butter, sugar and vanilla sugar in a bowl and stir until frothy.
- Then stir in the cream. Mix the flour with the baking powder and cocoa and carefully fold into the dough.
- Now spread the mixture on the prepared baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes – make a stick test.
- Then take the cake out of the oven, let it cool and cut two coffin parts out of it. Scoop out the bottom dough of the coffin with a spoon and set the crumbs aside for the time being. If you want, you can now fill the resulting hole with various sweets. Brush the edge with a little jam.
- Then place the two parts on top of each other, place on a sheet of baking paper, spread the jam on the outside, melt the chocolate in a water bath and decorate the “coffin” with it. Spread the crumbs of dough around the outside so that it looks like this is the grave soil.
- Now let the chocolate dry, paint a cross with white fondant and you’re ready to go chocolatey Halloween coffin be served.
Tips to the recipe
In addition, the whole thing can be decorated with candles, foam sugar mice, rubber batons and / or rubber spiders.