- As a first step, wash the plums, halve, core and then quarter. Now preheat the oven to 180 degrees top and bottom heat (160 degrees with convection).
- Then beat the softened butter with sugar for the dough until frothy, then stir in the vanilla sugar and a pinch of salt. Now stir the eggs well one by one and mix in the flour and baking powder in small portions.
- Now line a baking sheet with parchment paper cut to size, spread the dough on it, then press the plums upright into the dough.
- For the crumble, first knead the sugar, vanilla sugar and butter in a bowl. Then add the flour, crumble everything and cover the plums with it.
- The Plum crumble cake Bake in the oven on the middle rack for about 40 minutes. Unfortunately, it has to cool down completely before cutting.
Tips to the recipe
Whipped cream is an essential part of the plum streusel cake.