Preparation of yeast dough:
- For the pre-dough, warm up a little milk and dissolve the yeast in it. Then mix with a little flour, sprinkle with flour and leave the whole thing in a warm place (30 degrees) until the pre-dough has doubled its volume.
- Then heat the rest of the milk in a saucepan and dissolve the sugar, butter, salt and vanilla sugar in it.
- Then put the flour in a bowl, add the pre-dough, milk-butter mixture and the egg and knead all ingredients with the dough hook of the hand mixer or the food processor to form a smooth dough.
- Then sprinkle the dough with flour, cover with a kitchen towel and let rise in a warm place for about 60 minutes.
- Then knead the dough well and let it rest again for about 30 minutes.
Preparation of the crumble:
- To do this, sieve the powdered sugar and mix with the flour and salt in a bowl.
- Then melt the butter in a small saucepan, add to the bowl and knead the ingredients into larger lumps with your fingers or a fork.
Preparation of the plum crumble cake:
- First preheat the oven to 200 degrees and line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Sprinkle a work surface with a little flour, roll out the dough into a rectangle and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Then wash the plums, cut them in half and core them.
- Now place the fruits in the shape of a tile on the dough, spread the crumble on top and bake the cake in the preheated oven for about 40 minutes until golden brown.