- For the yeast dough, put the flour in a bowl, crumble the yeast in and add the egg.
- Then put the milk with the sugar, salt and butter in a saucepan, heat slightly and add the lukewarm mixture to the flour. Then mix all the ingredients first with the dough hook of a hand mixer to a smooth dough, then knead briefly with your hands.
- Now cover the dough with a kitchen towel and let rise in a warm place until it has doubled its volume (approx. 40 minutes).
- In the meantime, prepare the crumble: To do this, quickly knead the flour, sugar and butter in a bowl with your hands to a crumbly mass. Then put the streusel in the fridge.
- Wash, halve and stone the plums.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 180 degrees (top and bottom heat).
- Now roll out the yeast dough evenly the size of the baking sheet on a floured work surface and place on the baking sheet.
- Then spread the plum halves on the dough with the cut side up.
- Finally, take the streusel out of the fridge and spread it over the plums.
- Then the Plum cake with sprinkles Bake in the preheated oven for about 40 minutes.
Tips to the recipe
Sprinkle the plum cake with sprinkles with powdered sugar and serve with whipped cream. It tastes best when the cake is still slightly warm.