- First heat the water lukewarm, crumble in the yeast, add the sugar and mix everything together well.
- Then put the flour with the butter and salt in a mixing bowl, add the yeast mixture and knead everything with a food processor to a smooth dough. Cover and let the dough rise in a warm place for about 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, peel the onions and cut into thin rings. Heat the oil in a large pan and sauté the onion rings over medium heat for about 12-15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C top / bottom heat and line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Next, add the bacon cubes to the onions and cook for another 5 minutes. Then beat the eggs in a bowl, add the cream, salt, pepper and nutmeg, beat everything well with a whisk and fold into the onion and bacon mixture.
- Now dust a work surface with flour, roll out the dough and then place it on the baking sheet. Press lightly and pull a small edge out of the dough.
- Finally, distribute the onion mixture on the dough and sprinkle with the grated cheese. The Onion Pie with Cheese Bake in the preheated oven on the middle rack for about 30-35 minutes and enjoy warm.