- First peel and dice the onions. Then heat the oil in a pan, add the onion cubes and sweat golden yellow for about 10-12 minutes.
- Then mix the cubes of bacon with the onions and set the pan aside.
- Preheat the oven to 175 ° C top and bottom heat. Grease a springform pan and sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- Next, beat the eggs in a bowl and whisk, then stir in the milk. Sieve the flour into the egg milk and stir everything well.
- Then add the grated cheese and the onion mixture, season with salt and pepper and stir all the ingredients together again.
- Pour the onion mixture into the prepared springform pan and use the Onioncake Bake in the preheated oven on medium heat for about 40-45 minutes until golden brown.
- Take the finished cake out of the oven, let it cool down on a baking rack for about 10 minutes and enjoy warm.
Tips to the recipe
This onion cake tastes warm or cold. A glass of white wine and a green, fresh salad go well with it.