- For the yeast dough, sieve the flour into a bowl and crumble the yeast over it. Then add lukewarm water, oil and salt and knead the ingredients into a smooth dough (with a food processor or with a hand mixer with dough hook).
- Then cover the dough with a kitchen towel and let rise in a warm place for about 60 minutes until its volume has doubled.
- In the meantime, peel the onions and cut into rings for the onion and bacon mixture, cut the bacon into cubes.
- Now heat the oil in a pan and sauté the onion rings. Then add the bacon and fry briefly.
- Then roll out the dough on a floured work surface into a round circle, grease a baking sheet and place the dough on the baking sheet.
- Pour the onion and bacon mixture on top and season with pepper. Then sprinkle the grated cheese on the onion and bacon mixture.
- Now whisk the cream with the egg yolks and pour over the onion cake.
- Let the cake rise at 50 ° C in the oven with the door open for approx. 15-20 minutes.
- Then remove the tray again, heat the oven to 200 ° C (top and bottom heat) and use the Onioncake Bake for another 30 minutes.