- For the Onioncake first make the dough. To do this, sieve the flour into a bowl and make a hole in the middle. Mix the milk with the yeast and sugar, pour into the hole and mix with the flour. Let rest for 25 minutes.
- Then stir in the margarine, egg and salt and let rest in a warm place for another hour.
- In the meantime, peel the onions and cut into rings. Cut the bacon into cubes. Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onion and bacon briefly.
- Then mix the cream, eggs, onions, bacon and caraway seeds together.
- When the dough is ready, roll it out and place it on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Pour the onion and bacon cream over them.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 180 ° C (convection) for approx. 40 minutes.