- First preheat the oven to 180 ° C. Line a baking pan (about 20 x 30 cm) with baking paper.
- Next, put the butter in a small saucepan and let it melt for 6-8 minutes at a low temperature.
- In the meantime, put the quark with the sugar and eggs in a mixing bowl and stir with the hand mixer.
- Then add the melted butter, lemon zest and lemon juice and stir all ingredients briefly.
- Then sift the flour with the baking powder, add the desiccated coconut and stir everything into a smooth dough.
- Pour the dough into the prepared baking pan and smooth it out. Bake in the preheated oven on the middle rack for about 25-30 minutes. Then take it out of the oven and let it cool down on a wire rack for about 1 hour.
- Finally mix the powdered sugar and lemon juice into a thick glaze over the Lemon cake with cottage cheese pour and spread evenly. Allow to dry for about 15 minutes, cut into portions and serve.