- First preheat the oven to 200 ° C top / bottom heat. Grease a loaf pan with butter and set aside.
- Then wash the lemons with hot water, pat dry and rub the peel finely on a sharp grater. Then halve the fruits and squeeze them.
- Beat the eggs with the sugar and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl with the whisk of a hand mixer until frothy.
- Mix the orange juice with 1/4 of the freshly squeezed lemon juice and the oil and gradually stir into the batter. Set aside the remaining juice for the icing.
- Next, mix the flour with the baking powder, lemon zest and salt and stir into the batter. Just stir until the dry and wet ingredients have mixed.
- Pour the dough into the prepared form, smooth it out and bake in the preheated oven for about 50-55 minutes. Then take it out of the oven and prick the hot cake several times with a wooden skewer.
- Now put the powdered sugar in a small bowl, mix with the lemon juice to a very liquid glaze and pour over the warm cake.
- The Lemon cake with oil Let cool down completely. Then turn out of the mold, dust with powdered sugar and serve.
Tips to the recipe
The liquid icing penetrates the previously punched holes in the cake, making it even more juicy.