- First preheat the oven to 175 ° C top / bottom heat. Grease a deep baking sheet or drip pan with butter.
- Put the softened butter with the sugar, the salt and the lemon zest in a mixing bowl and stir with the whisk of a food processor for about 5 minutes until creamy.
- Then add each egg to the batter and stir in thoroughly before adding the next egg. Select a medium speed so that the dough remains airy.
- Next, mix the baking powder and cornstarch with the flour and alternately stir into the dough with the milk. Finally stir in the lemon juice.
- Pour the dough onto the prepared tray and smooth it out. Bake in the preheated oven on the middle rack for about 25-30 minutes. Then take it out of the oven and let it cool down for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sieve the powdered sugar into a bowl and mix it with 3/4 of the lemon juice. If the icing is still too thick, stir in a little more lemon juice.
- The cooled Lemon cake on the sheet Brush with the icing and let it dry for about 15 minutes. Then cut into pieces and serve.