- For this tasty one lemon cake First preheat the oven to 170 degrees (top and bottom heat) and grease a cup cake tin with a little butter and sprinkle with flour.
- Now wash the lemons, dry them with kitchen paper and rub the peel off.
- Beat the eggs, put them in a bowl and stir together with the sugar and vanilla sugar until very frothy.
- Then stir in the margarine or butter and the grated lemon zest and stir well. Finally mix in the flour sifted with baking powder.
- Now pour the dough into the prepared cake tin and bake in the preheated oven for about 45 minutes – make a stick test.
- In the meantime, cut the lemons in half for the glaze, squeeze out the juice and mix it with the powdered sugar to form a thick, smooth mass.
- After the baking time, turn the lemon cake out of the mold while it is still warm, prick a few times with a fork and immediately spread the glaze over the cake.