- For the lemon cake, first preheat the oven to 180 degrees (hot air) and grease a loaf pan with a little butter.
- Now mix the butter with the sugar well, gradually add the whole eggs and egg yolks, mix in the salt and lemon jelly (lemon jam) and stir the ingredients very frothy.
- Finally, carefully fold in the flour sifted with baking powder.
- Then pour the mixture into the loaf pan and bake in the preheated oven for about 50 minutes (make a stick test).
- The lemon cake Let cool down briefly in the tin and prick several times with a wooden stick.
- In the meantime, mix the lemon juice with the powdered sugar, turn the cake out of the tin and drizzle with the mixture.
Tips to the recipe
Serve the cooled cake dusted with powdered sugar.