- For the Lemon sand cake first wash the lemon well, rub the peel and squeeze the lemon.
- Then melt the butter and coconut fat (alternatively you can also just use butter), let it set a little and mix with the sugar, vanilla sugar, salt and the grated lemon zest as well as the lemon juice at the highest level to a smooth dough.
- Now add the beaten eggs to the batter and stir in.
- Mix the flour with the cornstarch and baking powder, sieve on the dough and stir in carefully.
- Then spread the sand cake batter into a loaf pan lined with baking paper and place in the preheated oven for 50 minutes (170 ° C hot air).
- After the baking time, leave the cake in the tin for about 10 minutes, then turn it out and let it cool on an oven rack.
- In the meantime, mix the icing sugar and lemon juice with the whisk to form a glaze and cover the cooled cake with it.
Tips to the recipe
To intensify the lemon flavor in the sand cake: add 1/2 teaspoon lemon flavor (sachet) to the dough.