- For the lemon cake roll first preheat the oven to 150 degrees (convection) and separate the six eggs.
- Beat the egg white until stiff, add 5 tablespoons of hot water, slowly trickle in the sugar and continue beating until the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Now gradually add the egg yolks and whisk in.
- Mix the flour with the baking powder and carefully fold the mixture into the mass.
- Lay out baking paper on a baking sheet, spread the dough on it in an even thickness and bake until it is lightly golden brown.
- Sprinkle a clean tea towel lightly with sugar. Tip the sponge cake from the baking sheet onto the cloth, pulling off the paper carefully but as quickly as possible.
- Now roll up the biscuit using the cloth and let it cool on a rack.
- Now whip the cream with the cream stabilizer, the lemon zest and the lemon juice, let the sugar trickle in slowly.
- As soon as the sponge cake has cooled down completely, carefully roll it out again, remove the towel, spread the lemon cream in an even thickness and roll up the sponge cake again.
Tips to the recipe
Dust with powdered sugar and serve decorated with a sprig of mint.