- As a first step, grease a springform pan (26 cm diameter) with butter and preheat the oven to 180 degrees top and bottom heat.
- For the dough Knead the flour, butter, sugar, vanilla sugar, a pinch of salt and the egg vigorously in a mixing bowl (by hand or with a food processor). Then cover the dough with a kitchen towel and chill for about 25 minutes.
- In the meantime for that filling Prepare the pudding according to the instructions on the packet, but only use half of the specified amount of milk. Let the pudding cool down a bit, then fold in the egg.
- Knead the dough again briefly, cover the greased springform pan with it and form a 2 – 3 cm high edge all around.
- Then spread or spread the pudding evenly on the dough.
- For the Sprinkles Put the flour, butter in pieces, sugar and a pinch of salt in a bowl and knead into a coarse crumble, ideally by hand. Now sprinkle this over the pudding mixture.
- Finally the Crumble cake with pudding Bake in the middle of the oven for about 35 – 40 minutes.
Tips to the recipe
Like all cakes, the crumble cake with pudding should be completely cool before cutting.