- For the Crumble cake with apple first prepare the dough.
- Mix the sifted flour with baking powder and salt in a bowl. Then mix sugar with vanilla sugar and add to the flour. Then add the butter in small portions and the eggs. Knead all the ingredients into a smooth dough.
- Then shape the dough into a lump, wrap in cling film and put in the refrigerator for about 40 minutes. Then preheat the oven to approx. 180 degrees top and bottom heat.
- In the meantime, peel the apples thinly for the topping, cut in half, quarter them, then remove the core and cut the quarters into narrow wedges.
- Then grease the springform pan with butter, then roll out the dough the size of the cake pan on a floured work surface. Then line the springform pan with it and pull up one edge.
- Now cover the dough with the apple wedges standing very tightly and lengthways, then sprinkle some cinnamon on top.
- Finally, knead the crumble, put the flour, salt, sugar and pieces of butter in a bowl and knead quickly. Spread the streusel over the apple wedges, then bake in the oven on the middle rack for about 60 minutes. Then let it cool down on a wire rack.
Tips to the recipe
Serve with this crumble cake with whipped cream.