- First preheat the oven to 180 ° C and grease a deep baking sheet with butter.
- Now crack the eggs and place in a baking bowl. Add the sugar and stir the mixture with the whisk of the hand mixer until foamy. Then add the oil to the mixture and stir briefly.
- Now add the flour together with the baking powder to the dough and stir everything well.
- Finally add the lemon fizzy and stir in briefly.
- The finished dough for the Fizzy cake Pour onto the greased baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- After the baking time, it is essential to make a stick test: take a toothpick and prick it in the center of the cake. If the dough sticks to the toothpick, the cake is not done yet and the baking time must be increased.
- After baking, let the cake cool for about 30 minutes.
- For the icing, pour the powdered sugar through a fine sieve into a small bowl. Then add enough cold water and stir with the icing sugar until smooth that a spreadable frosting is created.
- Spread the frosting on the slightly warm cake and sprinkle colorful sprinkles or chocolate sprinkles on top. Let the cake cool down and enjoy!
Tips to the recipe
What cup size for this delicious Fizzy cake is used does not matter. It is only important that the same cup size is chosen for all ingredients. Usually a normal small teacup is used for cup cakes.
If you don’t have lemon soda on hand, you can also use normal carbonated mineral water with lemon juice and sugar.