- First preheat the oven to 180 ° C top / bottom heat and line a springform pan (Ø 26 cm) with baking paper.
- Put the salted butter in a bowl. Chop the chocolate with a heavy knife, add to the salted butter and hang the bowl over a warm water bath. Slowly melt the butter and chocolate in about 15-20 minutes, transfer to a mixing bowl and let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile separate the eggs. Beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff. Stir the egg yolks one at a time into the cooled chocolate butter.
- Next add the sugar and vanilla and stir in. Mix the ground nuts with the baking powder and flour and stir into the egg and chocolate mixture. Finally, carefully fold in the egg whites.
- Now pour the chocolate dough into the prepared springform pan, smooth it out and bake on the middle rack in the preheated oven for about 40 minutes. Then take the cake out of the oven and let it cool down on a wire rack.
- For the topping, put the chocolate with the butter and water in a bowl, hang over a warm water bath, slowly melt in about 15-20 minutes and stir until smooth.
- Pour the chocolate icing over the cooled cake and press the raspberries – with the point upwards – close together into the icing. Let the cast solidify Chocolate cake with raspberries serve.
Tips to the recipe
Only portion the cake at the table because it looks most impressive when uncut.