- For the juicy one Raisin Cake first wash the raisins with hot water and pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Preheat the oven to 170 ° C (top / bottom heat). Grease a cake tin with a little butter and sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- For the dough, put the butter, sugar and vanilla sugar in a bowl and stir until frothy. Separate the eggs, beat the egg whites into snow and stir the yolks into the butter mixture.
- Stir in the flour sifted with the baking powder, add the milk and mix into a batter. Fold the egg whites together with the raisins into the dough.
- Pour the dough into the prepared cake tin and bake in the preheated oven for about 50-60 minutes.
- Let the fully baked raisin cake cool down and then turn it out of the mold.
Tips to the recipe
Sprinkle the raisin cake with powdered sugar or cover with chocolate or icing.
If you like, you can soak the raisins in rum beforehand.