- For the quick fruit cake base Beat the eggs for at least 10 minutes until frothy, then pour in the sugar.
- Mix the flour with the baking powder and carefully fold into the egg mixture.
- Line a springform pan with baking paper and pour in the biscuit mixture.
- Bake immediately in the preheated oven for 30 minutes at 170 degrees (top and bottom heat).
- Remove from the springform pan, allow to cool and top with fruit as desired.
Tips to the recipe
This sponge cake base can also be halved horizontally and used as a cake base for filling. The amount of ingredients is the fruit cake base is suitable for a cake pan with a diameter of approx. 26-28 cm.